We're looking for the best and brightest to play in our sandbox. Fingerpaint is growing fast. So if you’re interested in a career here, we’re interested in hearing from you!
Please submit your resume, along with a short message, using the form provided. If you’re applying for a creative position, also include a link to your work samples.
We can't promise we will get back to you quickly, as we tend to receive a lot of resumes. But we do promise to review all the information that comes our way and to follow up if we feel there might be a great fit.
We will spare you the idea that you need to be a rock-star or some kind of other super human with special powers. We are seeking a solid programmer who can lead technical projects through ideation to release. We are looking for someone who will be a good fit for our team and company. We are creating a unique culture here at Fingerpaint and we want someone who will embrace that.
While we encourage on the job learning, this position requires that you know Objective-C and can hit the ground running. You will be expected to contribute to projects in development and participate in scoping new ones on Day 1.
- Interact with clients, exploring and advising technological possibilities, discovering solutions that fit their goals
- Architect and develop large-scale, well-written applications
- Write clean, structured, object-oriented code with change and reuse in mind
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in writing iPhone applications in Objective C
- Knowledge of using the related development tools (XCode, Instruments, IB, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of UIKit framework
- Familiarity with tuning tools and optimization best practices
- Demonstrated experience in Flash/Flex, or server-side programming (PHP)
- App Store release or Enterprise Provisioned deployment Experience with RESTful/JSON/XML/SOAP webservices
- Loves to manage source code with SVN or GIT
- Has a solid QA approach and manages change control
- OpenGL experience
- Experience using Cocos2D
- Unity3d experience
The Medical Writer will research, review, and write scientific and technical documentation for assigned healthcare accounts; includes responsibility for the planning and development of promotional materials, ensuring medical accuracy of materials, and providing annotated references to support claims. The position requires close collaboration with other medical writers, as well as the creative and account teams.
General and Responsibilities:
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development of content for promotional materials and content, both branded and unbranded
- Authoring/preparing "white papers"
- Work with copywriters to develop scientifically accurate copy
- Function as lead writer on scientific and medical projects
- Research of specific therapeutics, drugs, devices, technologies, etc
- Ongoing review of current literature for related topics, including competitors
- Communicates with thought leaders to ensure accuracy and quality of content in scientific projects
- Work with team to develop scientifically accurate copy, including the use of accurate and up-to-date references
- Travel to scientific and client meetings
- Review materials and content directed to professionals (ie, physicians/nurses)
- Develops medically relevant promotional copy
- Educate internal teams on disease state, treatment, competitive products, and product in development for an indication or disease state
- Attend internal planning and kick-off meetings to offer scientific and medical input
The Medical Writer will also meet with the client, as requested, and develop relationships with the brand team, as well as client medical, research, and legal/regulatory representatives as necessary. Understanding the client’s strategies is of utmost importance. Attendance at meetings, conferences, and market research may be required. Position requires a willingness to travel.
It is also important to develop an ongoing knowledge base of current advances related to pharmaceuticals, as well as trends in the advertising and education industries, in general. This includes keeping current with various sources of information such as journals, libraries, Internet sources, experts, etc.
The Medical Writer may also participate in new business development in a consultant capacity, depending on areas of experience and expertise.
Work requires the ability to keep track of the process throughout all of its stages and meet project management deadlines. This may include collaborating with appropriate account people; researching the product/therapeutic category; cooperating with a proofreader/editor and/or a copywriter to ensure accuracy and proper writing style*; assisting in the appropriate workflow procedures of the agency; presenting to agency and client representatives, as necessary; and ensuring the printed piece meets agency and client standards.
*Writing style is based on the AMA Manual of Style for the pharmaceutical accounts.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- MD, PharmD, or PhD in biological sciences preferred
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and reference management software
- 1-2 years of medical writing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
The writer is a key member of our creative team, responsible for concepting, researching, writing and presenting all copy that is created within the group for all assigned accounts. Provides supervision, guidance and support to other writers in the group.
- Responsible for concept development and execution
- Tracks the creative process through all of its stages
- Seeks information from the appropriate account people and agency team members
- Researches product/service
- Collaborates with art director(s)/graphic designer(s)
- Cooperates with editor/proofreader in the development of the copy to ensure accuracy and proper writing style (writing style is based on the AMA Manual for Style for pharmaceutical accounts; The AP Stylebook for consumer accounts
- Assists in the appropriate workflow procedures of the agency
- Presents to agency and client representatives
- Develops a knowledge base, on an ongoing basis, of current advances related to assigned accounts, as well as trends in the advertising industry in general; this includes keeping current with various sources of information such as journals, libraries, Internet, experts
- 5-10 years of industry experience in a well-established, creative role with a proven track record of success; agency experience a plus
- Solid verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers
- Knowledge of traditional, direct marketing, online advertising and web experiences, with proven conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Possesses deep understanding in related creative tracks: copywriting and content strategy, pharma content for both consumer and HCP
- Must have been in a client-facing role and have project experience in working with teams on large-scale, long-term projects
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth
- Alignment to Fingerpaint vision and core values
- Bachelor's degree or higher majoring in Journalism, English, Communications or Marketing
This interactive team member is responsible for writing web standards-compliant code for use in dynamic websites, rich Internet applications and online marketing programs.
- Front-end development, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting web standards- compliant code
- Web-optimized image creation and/or modification where required
- Strong attention to detail when translating PSDs to the web
- Developing email campaigns for cross client compatibility
- Developing blogs, social media programs, widgets
- Minimum 5+ years working in an agency setting or similar
- Experience with translating comps and wireframes into flexible code templates that work seamlessly across modern browsers and platforms (at times even IE6)
- Proven understanding of web development standards/best practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced work environment
- Detailed and deadline orientated
- Experience with Adobe CS5 Suite
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, and ExpressionEngine is a plus
- Experience with mobile web development is a plus
- Opportunities for programming in Flash/ActionScript and PHP/MySQL
- Familiarity with web analytics
- Know your way around a Mac
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who can easily work independently or in a team environment